Units 4 & 5, Winter Garden, Surrey Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 1LH.
Visited on: Saturday 12th November 2016
The Winter Garden in Sheffield is an indoor garden, housed inside a huge arched glasshouse. It’s a nice place to be and, obviously, an even better place to be if there’s tea. Zooby’s is a cafe inside the Winter Garden, with some chairs and tables next to some of the planting.
After the disappointment of Manchester cafes not wanting to sell me rooibos (hibiscus being the ‘in’ thing), it was a welcome surprise to see that Zooby’s not only sold rooibos, it was listed on the menu as a separate category (instead of being lumped in with ‘selection of herbal teas’). I ordered a large cup for the very reasonable price of £1.70.
- Teapot? No.
- Leaf tea? No, but a very nice Clipper teabag.
- Milk jug? No, but they added milk for you so none of those tiny plastic pots. Though the cups were takeaway cups (understandable in a garden cafe) and I unfortunately I didn’t have my re-usable cup with me.
- Price? £1.70 for a large cup of rooibos tea, £1.60 for a large filter coffee and the bargain price of £1 for a small tea or small filter coffee.
- Cake? Yes and flapjacks, crips and sandwiches.
- Go again? Yes, it’s a lovely setting. Next time I’ll try and bring my re-usable cup.